WBP English Practice Set PDF Download | English Practice Set for WBP/ WB TET/ CTET/ SSC/ WBCS/ WBPSC | Part – 1
|WBP English Practice Set PDF Download|
Directions (1-5): One Word Substitution.
1. Study of secret writing and coded words.
ANSWER= (B) Cryptography
2. The omission of a letter or syllable.
ANSWER= (A) Elision
3. One who does not believe in the existence of God.
ANSWER= (C) Atheist
4. A collection of choice literary passages, used especially as an aid in learning a foreign language.
ANSWER= (A) Chrestomathy
5. A person who loves or collects books.
ANSWER= (C) Bibliophile
Directions (6-10): Find the mis-spelt word.
6. Find the mis-spelt word.
ANSWER= (B) Dyversity
7. Find the mis-spelt word.
ANSWER= (D) Spirichualism
8. Find the mis-spelt word.
ANSWER= (A) Specktacular
9. Find the mis-spelt word.
ANSWER= (C) Curiocity
10. Find the mis-spelt word.
ANSWER= (D) Calldrons
11-13): Narration Change
11. “I lost my pen yesterday”, he said.
ANSWER= (A) He said that he loses his pen the previous day.
12. “Can you lend me your pen ?, She said to me.
She asked me if i could lend her my pen.
She asked weather she could lend me your pen.
She asked weather I can lend her my pen.
ANSWER= (A) She asked me if i could lend her my pen.
13. The peon said. “Where shall I put the bag”?
The peon asked where should he put bag.
The peon wondered where he would put the bag.
The peon asked where would he put the bag.
ANSWER= (A) The peon wanted to know where he should put the bag.
13-15) In the following questions, sentences are given with blanks to be filled with an appropriate word.
14. The masks worn by the men helped them ——— their identity.
ANSWER= (A) conceal
1. On the ————— occasion of Laxmi Puja the Mathurs bought a new car.
ANSWER= (B) auspicious